Larry Jewelry Limited (the “Company”) recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of all consumers who visit our website. This policy is prepared with reference to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486), laws of the Hong Kong SAR (“HKSAR”) (the “Ordinance”). It specifically addresses our obligations in respect of data privacy laws of the HKSAR.
This policy is applicable to individuals who visit our website accessible at www.larryjewelry.com (“our website”) and applies only to information collected by us via our website.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
While you can view our website by browsing anonymously, we collect identifiable personal information about site users when they voluntarily register or otherwise sign up with our website. You may provide personal information for various reasons, including but not limited to, for the purpose of obtaining newsletters, product information, event information, and services, to answer surveys and receive notice of other promotional opportunities. The types of personal information that we may collect include name, gender, date and month of birth, postal address, contact numbers (telephone, fax, mobile) and email address. We collect personal information to ensure we can fulfill our service promises and offer you a personal experience online visiting our website www.larryjewelry.com . Please note that you are not obliged to supply the personal information.
- We may use your personal details for the following purposes:
- Responding to your enquiries.
- Sending you email or printed communications about new products, events or promotions happening in store that may be of interest to you and to streamline future purchases. We will only send you communication based on your email and communication preferences.
- Analyzing trends and shopping behavior as well as conducting customer surveys to continuously improve our offerings and services.
- We use “cookies” to recognize you when you return to our website. We may collect aggregate and non-personal information through Cookies. Cookies are small information files stored on your hard drive and are automatically accepted by most browsers. Cookies tell us information such as whether a user is a first time visitor or have visited our website before and what areas of the websites are of great interest to the user. You can change the options of your browser to be notified of new cookies being set, delete old cookies or disable them altogether. Please note that most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can choose to “not accept” cookies by changing the settings but if you do so you may not be able to use all features and services offered on our website when cookies are disabled.
- Finally, we may collect anonymous data relating to your online session to gather statistical information on our server’s usage and to help us better meet your demands and expectations. This may include but is not limited to your browser type and version, your operating system and your IP address and/or domain name.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
SECURITY AND PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Protecting your personal information is of primary concern to us. We store those personal information that we collect on secure servers and take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information. We may use your personal information for marketing and promotion events. Access to such information is protected by physical, electronic and managerial measures and we therefore limit the access to your personal information to our employees and agents who need it to undertake their jobs.
We will never ask you for your personal password either in writing or on the phone. Please take reasonable care in protecting the access to your password and computer from any unauthorized use.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information held by us will be kept confidential but we may disclose information to the following parties:
- Any subsidiaries, or affiliates of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with us.
- Any person or company who is acting for or on behalf of us, or jointly with us, in respect of the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the data was provided by you;
- If we appoint third party service providers to administer and/or operate functions or services on our behalf, the proper performance of which may require transfer of the information submitted by you. The functions or services include administration of our website, delivery of marketing or other communications to you about our products, services or special events, and delivery of products requested or ordered by you. Any such transfer shall be subject to confidentiality and security obligations and for the sole purpose of the performance of those functions or services.
Your personal data may also be disclosed to any person or persons pursuant to any statutory or contractual obligations or as required by court of law, provided such person or persons shall be able to prove the required authority to access such information.
We may also share your personal information with other third parties for joint marketing and promotions of products, services or events that may be of interest to you. Any transfer of personal information shall be subject to confidentiality and security obligations and for the sole purpose of the performance of those obligations.
DATA ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You have the right at any time to request access to, and request us to make correction of your personal data stored in our records. You may write to us at 13th Floor, Pacific House, 20 Queen’s Road Central, Hong Kong.
You may choose to unsubscribe from marketing emails by utilizing the unsubscribe link on our marketing emails. If you choose to opt-out not only of emails, but all other forms of marketing communications as well, please write to us at 13th Floor, Pacific House, 20 Queen’s Road Central, Hong Kong.
In the event you wish to access or correct your personal data, we may request you to provide personal details in order to verify your identity. We will endeavor to respond to your request within 40 days and we may charge you a reasonable fee for complying with your access request.